从「 森 」这个字，我们一笔一画的来解说:
- 「 森 」字里的十架，提醒我们要作一间以基督为主的教会。
- 「 森 」字也代表长出枝子。意表教会的宗旨是传扬福音和社区服事。更盼望教会能增长和如约15:5所提的多结果子。
- 「 森 」字里包含了三个「 木」，意味一群 各方各业的人士齐聚团契，并同心全意敬拜独一全能的神。
「 森 」字里以中文书法写的「 十 」，意表森浸以 中华文化为本。「 森 」字里的其他楷书笔画，寓意 森浸与时并进。「 森 」字参杂不同的书写法，表示森浸深植于中华文化的同时，与时并进。
He (Jesus) told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and perch in its branches.”
(Jesus said) I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
Sembawang Baptist Church is established as a Chinese church in Singapore where the English language is predominant. We seek to get our fundamentals right – focus on the teachings of Christianity and to spread the Gospel.
Keeping in line with our Constitution, we designed the SBC logo with the following in mind:
- To proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- To worship and serve the Trinity God
- To minister to Christians and the community at large
- To preach the truth of God as revealed in the Bible
By deconstructing the character「 森 」, we examine each part in detail.
Brown is the primary color of the logo because it is the colour of a tree and its branches, which matches what is mentioned in Matt 13:31-32 and John 15:5.
- 「 森 」brings out the symbol of the Cross — it serves as a reminder for us to be a Christ-centered church.
- 「 森 」stands for “branching out”. This matches the aims of the church to proclaim the Gospel and minister to the community at large. It is also with hope that we will grow and bear much fruits in Christ according to John 15:5.
- 「 森 」is the combination of three「 木 」, and that symbolises the gathering of different people from different walks of life for fellowship, and to worship the One almighty God wholeheartedly.
The Chinese calligraphic brush stroke on the cross symbolises our Chinese cultural roots. The remainder of 「 森 」is set in kaishu (楷书) which represents us in modern times. This mixture of influences in the logo「 森 」hence shows that SBC is adaptive and relevant in this modern age whilst maintaining deep ties with our Chinese culture.